To gather a group of people who want to think outside the box to help Juneau citizens become outside of the box thinkers and doers.
We are a community organization that hopes to build collaboration amongst JSD staff, city staff, business and nonprofit leaders, STEM professionals, and non-conformist thinkers to create change.
All students should have significant learning experiences involving meaningful integrated projects, connections to the community outside the school, and access to emerging technology. As a community, our objectives include:
- Create a permanent STEM Committee in Juneau
- Prioritize STEM activities for K-12 in the Juneau School District
- Raise community awareness about the value of and demand for STEM
- Increase participation and success of underrepresented groups
- Enhance STEM experiences through real-world projects
- Advocate for STEM in Juneau
- Enable systemic change: Support, encourage, brainstorm, explore creative structures for systemic change
- Prepare students for 21st century careers
- Increase scientific literacy